Looking for an exciting homemade gift for Father’s Day? Father’s Day is on Sunday, 16 June this year… This is a very simple idea that you and your little one can make.
What you need:
1/4 cup salt
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C / 100°C for fan assisted / 250°F. Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the salt, flour and water together thoroughly in a bowl. If the dough is too sticky, add small amounts of flour until the mixture is doughy and pliable. Be careful not to add too much flour as the mixture may dry out and crack.
3. Shape the dough into a ball in your hands, and flatten on the greaseproof paper to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
4. Carefully select pieces of stone to create the words “DAD ROCKS”. Press them firmly but gently into the dough.
5. Bake your paperweight for 2 – 2.5 hours until completely dry.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool before handling.
Optional. You can spray / paint your creation with a clear coat sealer or acrylic sealer.