2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 chicken breast per person
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 Mozzarella ball – sliced
Parsley, to garnish (optional)
1. Place the olive oil and the garlic cloves in to a frying pan, and gently warm.
2. Preheat your oven to 210C (190C if fan assisted).
3. Deeply score 4 slices in to each chicken breast, being careful not to slice all the way through.
4. When the oil is bubbling gently around the garlic, place the chicken breasts in to the oil, score-side down, to seal – approximately 4 minutes on either side of the chicken breast should be enough.
5. When seared fully, place the chicken breasts in to an oven proof dish, ensuring they are not overlapping each other.
6. Pour the tin of tomatoes over the top of the chicken.
7. Place the Mozzarella slices on top of the chicken pieces, and if there are any left over, place the rest of the cheese in any spaces.
8. Place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and serve with a sprig of parsley on the top (optional).
10. Bon appetit!
I served my chicken without the parsley, and with a side of potato gratin. Yum.