I have fallen in to a bit of a trap. I love having eggs in the house… They always come in handy for last minute dinner ideas, or for baking; but for the past few months, whenever I buy eggs, I seem to forget about them. Then, when I fancy one for brekkie (for example), I notice the date on them. Well, being heavily pregnant, I daren’t eat an egg that’s out of date.
Anyway, the point I am getting to is to provide you with a really easy recipe and method to create these amazing little omelettes that you bake in the oven! They’re fab for breakfast; lunch, served with a salad (or veg); or a side for your evening meal. They’re great to eat hot or cold, so also great to pop in a lunch box for school / work.
Easy Peasy Oven Omelettes
I had my little chef (my 3 year old little man) do this all by himself… Well, apart from the oven and presentation parts. And just look how great the omelettes turned out! Absolutely delicious, and really light & fluffy too.
5 medium sized eggs
Good splash of milk
Salt & Pepper
Tinned Garden Peas (optional)
Cheese (use your favourite… I used Red Leicester)
1. Preheat your oven to 210C (190C for fan assisted ovens).
2. Grease a 12-piece cupcake tin with butter.
3. Crack the eggs in to a mixing bowl, add the milk, and salt & pepper to taste.
4. Using a hand whisk, or fork, mix the eggy liquid together until it all combines together nicely.
5. Using some form of spoon (I gave my llittle chef a 1/4 cup measuring spoon to do this), scoop out the mixture in to the buttered cupcake tins. Do not fill to the top… Ensure you only fill to approx 3/4 of the way up the sides.
6. Grate your cheese (if required), and add a pinch to each cupcake section.
7. (OPTIONAL) Add a pinch of the peas to each cupcake section… My little chef added approximately 7 or 8 peas to each.
8. Pop the tray in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
9. When done, and when you remove the tray from the oven, you will notice that the omelettes will sink. Don’t worry about this at all… Use two forks, or a fork and a spoon to remove each mini omelette from the tin, and present any way you choose.
10. Enjoy, and share the recipe!