List 10 things that make you happy
1. My husband. Of course he makes me happy… I wouldn’t have married him if he didn’t make me happy!
2. Gning. My eldest son. His sparkling eyes, handsome face and beautiful personality. He never fails to make me smile and / or laugh… He is so intelligent too. I have a feeling his intelligence is going to be his downfall when it comes to schooling; but that’s another topic.
3. Donut. My youngest son. He may only be a baby (5 weeks and 2 days old), but he can already light up a room when entering.
4. Chocolate. I’m a woman… What woman doesn’t love chocolate?
5. Camping. I mean real camping, in a tent – not caravanning, which some people say is camping (by the way, that’s called caravanning, NOT camping *rolls eyes*). I’m talking about real camping too… No electricity hook-ups, no laptops… Believe me. I used to know someone who took their laptops camping, and they had a blow-up settee and ‘port-a-loo’. There’s just something about being under canvas in the middle of nowhere. I guess it’s because it’s something that I have done since I was a baby (I was 3 months old when I first slept in a tent).
6. Scotland. It’s true that Scottish history is full of tragedy, but there is a certain romance to it too. History, the clans, the music (especially bagpipes), the scenery of the Highlands… People have said that I do have an obsession. To be honest, I can’t deny that I have.
7. Ancient Egypt. It’s the Gods, Goddesses, culture, architecture… I’m fascinated by the meanings behind the temples and tombs… I would love to be able to read hieroglyphics too.
8. Stonethwaite. For those of you who are not in the know, Stonethwaite is a tiny hamlet, in the district of Borrowdale, in the Lake District. The Lake District is a National Park in the county of Cumbria, in the north-west of England. Stonethwaite valley campsite was the first place where I crawled. The campsite is set on farmland, next to a wonderful stream, which is amazing to listen to when you’re drifting off to sleep. Follow the water upstream, and you will eventually come to a little known secret… The stream becomes surrounded with rocks, and if you are brave enough, the water is certainly deep enough to swim in. I have done it many times, although I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have an immunity to cold water.
9. Birds. I am an Ornithologist. To a certain extent. Don’t get me wrong, I’m certainly not Bill Oddie, but I do know a tad about those feathered creatures. I’ve kept birds all of my life – primarily zebra finches. I have successfully bred them, and I did actually write a “keepers guide”, several years ago.
10. Writing. Whether it’s a short story, poem, review or blog post, writing has always made me smile. The only problem I have (which long-term Insanely Normal followers will know) is that I suffer horrifically with writers block. Meh.
So there’s my 10 things. What are yours?