As summer is right around the corner, I thought it was about time that I made a list of things I would like to do before it’s over.
As my eldest, Gning, is now in full-time school, my summer falls in line with his. He breaks up for the summer holidays on 21 July, and he goes back on 4 September.
That gives me a little over 6 whole weeks to try to mark everything off on my bucket list… I have the final week of the holidays off work, so the list I have made below has to either fit around my usual working times, and then take advantage of having the week off to complete the list.
I’m going to revisit this post in September, to see exactly what I managed to accomplish, and what is still outstanding. I think this could be a rather interesting experiment! So, without further ado, here is my Summer Bucket List of 30 things to complete within my son’s 6 weeks holidays.
- Have a bonfire
- Attend an outdoor concert
- Watch the waves
- Lie in the grass
- Go to a funfair / amusement park
- Have an ice cream at the beach
- Have a picnic
- Make a summer soundtrack
- Have a water balloon / water pistol fight
- Have a BBQ
- Go camping
- Take more pictures
- Finish a book
- Make homemade salsa
- Play frisbee
- Visit a water park
- Visit a heritage garden
- Go on a day trip
- Make ice pops
- Wear flowers in my hair for a day
- Feed the ducks
- Walk up a hill with the boys
- Buy a helium balloon, tie a message to it, and let it go
- Swim outdoors! (Bear in mind that I live in the north west of England…)
- Draw on the driveway with chalks
- Finger paint a summer picture
- Have fish & chips at the beach
- Visit a park we’ve never been to before
- Watch a family film together – snacks incl. popcorn essential
- Spend more time with the boys!