An incredibly simple recipe, using only 3 ingredients. Easy to make, and especially good for you to help kiddies make themselves! A frugal recipe, that costs approximately 20p for 12 biscuits!
1oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
3oz plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted ovens).
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, beat the butter and sugar together, until creamy.
- Stir in the flour, part by part, until fully combined.
- Turn the dough out on to a slightly floured work surface, and roll to approximately 1.5cm / ½ inch thick.
- Cut out “fingers”, or shapes, using cookie cutters, and place them on the lined baking tray.
- Optional: Using a fork, prick the shapes.
- Sprinkle the top of the biscuits with the left-over caster sugar, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the tray, then enjoy!